National Geologic Map Database
Title: The Loma Prieta, California, earthquake of October 17, 1989 -- liquefaction
Author(s): Holzer, T.L., Chameau, J.L.A., Kayen, R.E., Power, M.S., Bennett, M.J., Mejia, L.H., Sims, J.D., Hryciw, R.D., Charlie, W.A., Rollins, K.M., Mitchell, J.K., Duprz, W.R., and Tinsley, J.C.
Publishing Organization: U.S. Geological Survey
Series and Number: Professional Paper 1551-B
- Publication Date: 1998
- Map Scale: 1:770,000
- Cross Section: None
- North Latitude: 38° 0' 0" N (38.0000)
- South Latitude: 36° 31' 0" N (36.5167)
- East Longitude: 121° 34' 0" W (-121.5667)
- West Longitude: 122° 33' 0" W (-122.5500)
Corrections to this entry?
* See base map disclaimer below.
Find more maps in this area with mapView
- Links and Downloads:
- Product summaries for maps and reports in this publication:
Plate 1: Maps and descriptions of liquefaction and associated effects -- northern part
Plate 2: Maps and descriptions of liquefaction and associated effects -- southern part
Plate 3: Maps and descriptions of liquefaction and associated effects -- Treasure Island
* Names and boundaries are not necessarily authoritative, and are provided here solely for general orientation.