NOTE: this document contains information on activities of the USGS
National Geologic Map Database Project. It is informal, generally
time-sensitive material intended for project members, cooperators, and
National Geologic Map Database Project
Metadata training resources
- Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC)
- NSDI is a national effort led by FGDC to make spatial data resources available and usable for research and decision support.
- National States Geographic Information Council
- NSGIC was created to encourage effective and efficient government through the coordinated development of geographic information and related technologies to ensure that information may be integrated at all levels of government.
- FGDC Clearinghouse Referral Server
Software tools and technical information
Newsgroups and email lists
This page is <URL:http://ngmdb.usgs.gov/info/standards/metadata/meta_resext.html>
Maintained by Dave Soller
Last updated Sept. 16, 1997